Microsatellite, SNP, MLVA, VNTR, MIRU tRFLP, ARISA
Our Laboratory provides automated multicolour fluorescent analysis of PCR-based DNA fragments.
Examples of the types of projects that may be undertaken include:
- gene mapping using amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP)
- tRFLP (Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism)
- screening for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP)
Also applications to Microorganism Typing are proposed by our lab like : MLVA (Multilocus Length Variable alleles), MLST (Multilocus Sequence Typing), VNTR (Variable Number Repeats).
Up to four different fluorescent dyes may be used for labeling, allowing for a greater amount of multiplexing in a single lane for higher throughput. An internal size standard, labeled with a fifth dye, provides accurate and reproducible size determination and quantification.
The dye mostly used to label the PCR product is 6-FAM (it works well and is cheaper than others), although our sequencer is calibrated to use all the following combinations:
– When Size standardd is ROX, eligible dyes are 6-FAM, VIC or HEX and NED.
– When Size standard is LIZ, eligible dyes are 6-FAM, VIC, NED and PET.