BIOFIDAL offers several DNA Analysis Services :
- Microorganism Typing: MLVA (Multilocus Length Variable alleles), MLST (Multilocus Sequence Typing ), VNTR (Variable Number Repeats).
- Molecular Identification by sequencing :
- Bacteria (ADNr16S)
- Yeasts and fungi (ADNr 26S, région D1/D2, region ITS)
- Microalgae (ADNr 18S, région ITS1-28S)
- Atypical mycobacterium (HSP locus)
Analysis Exemple : Microbial Identification: 16S Gene Sequencing
Comparative DNA sequencing analysis is widely considered to be the best genotypic method for microbial identification. The most common approach is PCR amplification and sequencing of all or a 500bp portion of the 16S ribosomal RNA gene. Sequence data is then compared against a sequence database ideally containing only validated microbial sequences.
BIOFIDAL has more than 12 years of experience in contract DNA sequencing of PCR products, which makes us ideally suited for genotypic microbial identification.
*Identification to the species: identity >99% on 16S rDNA (Stackebrandt et al comitee, 2002).
Identification to the gender : identity between 97% and 99% on 16S rDNA.
*We accept only biosafety group 1 strains (no risk or negligible risk).
Typical Workflow of 16S identification Services
- DNA isolation from your cultures
- PCR amplification of 16S rDNA (500bp or full-length 16S ribosomal RNA
- Bi-directional DNA sequencing on ABI Prism™ 3730xl DNA sequencers
- Analysis and identification using international Databases
- 3 day turnaround time for results delivery
- Microsatellite assay development, including amplicon selection and primer design
- STR analysis
- AFLP (amplified fragment length polymorphism)
- PCR amplification of genomic DNA using validated conditions
- Analysis of fragment size and allele calling using ABI3730xl
Custom research and consulting
Our experienced professionals can assist you with projects related to molecular biology and microbiology.